College

College is a lot different than grade school. At college the teachers have office hours so that they could help their students.  The community college I go to, The College of Southern Maryland, has disability support services who work with students who have a disability. They help students who have disabilities with setting up appropriate accommodations to succeed.  I have accommodations that help me succeed. A few of my accommodations that are in place for me is to take my tests in a quiet environment like the testing center, and I get extra time on my tests. College isn’t like grade school where you could only get a little support and teachers had to work with more than one student at the same time which could be hard if you need help with something different! There are many resources to help you succeed in your classes at the college.  There is a place to go for tutoring if you need help with your classes, the library for quiet studies, and many other things to help you succeed.  I have used most of all the resources to help me, especially through some of the classes I took that were hard.  I had mostly great teachers, except for one.  I have some advice, if you take a class and have a teacher you like and want to stay with that teacher look for classes that you need to take and see if there teaching that class. Some of the classes I’ve taken I have used the same teacher. I met some great friends.

I cannot believe as of now I am only four classes away from graduating CSM. I have only been here nine semesters since 2017 which has been a long time. Some classes I took were biology lecture and lab, English literature class, and how to write essays and more classes. The classes were not always easy and some I had to retake. The writing and English classes really helped me learn to fix my errors and learn how to write clearer. Taking those classes have really helped me fix my errors that I had in my blog and errors in social media posting and when I am journaling.




Comments

  1. I am glad to hear that you have been able to succeed and flourish at college. It sounds like you have a lot of support. I wish the middle and high schools could offer that level of support. It would help set up students for a more successful future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1

Mental Health

Ravens Play60 event