Bullying
I was bullied throughout my school years. People teased me about how I looked and how I was a little different than them. They made fun of me because I had a disability. Everyone is different. If we were all the same then life would be very boring! Being you is the best you. God made me exactly as he intended!! Having a disability doesn’t define who I am today! I am a sweet, kind, loving, gorgeous, wonderful, and a hard working person. I love making new friends and meeting new people. I had a hard time making friends because once someone made fun of me some of the others thought it was true. Being bullied hurt me a lot. I cried and always wondered why me? Why do they pick on me? Why do people bully? I was so hurt because I never hurt anyone or bullied another person. People bully for many different reasons like they think its cool, or want to impress others, and they are really unhappy themselves. I had my parents and the best buddies teacher and some Starz friends to help me get through the hard times. It was hard waking up every single day because it was a new day and I didn't know what the day would bring. Whether it was people being nice or people bullying or looking at me up and down, I just never knew what to expect from the day. I don’t understand why people in this world are cruel and mean. Everyone should be equal and treated the same as everyone even if someone has a disability.
I want bullying to stop. They are not cool, they are just mean people that want to hurt others. It hurts so many people. People bully those with disabilities. There is no reason to bully someone who has never hurt anyone. I honestly don't know how people can be friends with someone for years and the next they don’t talk and don’t want to be friends with me. True colors surely do show at some point. It’s their loss if they don’t want to be friends with me because I’m myself and they have yet to see the best that comes. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt. Their words may hurt me but they will never tear me apart and break me because I’m the strongest out of them. I tried not to cry but it was hard because I was hurt. I had to learn how to become strong and let the haters hate. Karma will come back to the people who bully others and are mean to others. I hope it does catch up to them because they’ve hurt so many people.
Even though this little girl is smiling, she was really sad
"I don’t understand why people in this world are cruel and mean. Everyone should be equal and treated the same as everyone even if someone has a disability."- I wish I understood that as well. It seems so simple to treat others with respect but it doesn't mean people do that. I hope your sharing helps someone else out there you might be going through the same thing. Very courageous to share.
ReplyDelete