Family Vacations this summer

After the Special Olympics USA Games, I had a family vacation. My family vacation lasted one whole week. Sunday, July 12 we had to pick up my sister from the airport around 9 a.m. After picking her up we went back to the place we were staying at. We hung out there for a while. There was a pool where we were staying. We decided to go to the pool and have a relaxing day. While in Florida we did some really cool things. We went to Gatorland which is a gator park. My sister and I sat on an alligator. I have sat on an alligator before when I was way younger. We also got to feed the alligators. We traveled about a few hours away to go to the beach. It was nice getting to go to the beach. My favorite part of the vacation was swimming with manatees. We got to the place which is called Fun to Dive. We only swam with manatees for an hour. They are such huge animals. Did you know manatee fart!? They do. The manatee farted in my sister's face! The manatee just ate the grass or algae under the water. The manatee only came up to breathe. then we went to some other places to swim and see if there were any more manatees. During the day Saturday, we went to Disney Springs and went shopping. Then we had to pack.  That Saturday we had to leave, and our plane was supposed to leave at 9:15 I believe. Our plane got delayed twice. I get very impatient. When I boarded the plane, I wore my Olympic medals. When I got on, I showed the flight attendant the medals. Then I showed the pilot and copilot my medals and even got a tour of the front of the plane! 



I went to Ocean City for my sister's Dance Nationals competition. We drove Sunday, July 3. Monday, July 4-July 8 was my sister's last year's national's competition dance. The dance studio my sister dances at had a week-long of great dancing. Loved watching them dance their hearts out. My favorite dance was my sister's solo dance which was dedicated to my mom. One day while on vacation my mom and I went and played mini golf. My parents and I went to the beach that was at the back of our hotel. My dad and I went swimming and we found 49 clams. That night I tried clams. We did go to the boardwalk. My sister and parents and I went go-karting. We went to the dough roller and also played so many arcade games. We also walked the beach at the boardwalk. On the last day of our vacation, we had to get our dessert. We went to the boardwalk and got fudge, and more sweets.





My family from Pennsylvania decided to come down and visit my family and me. I was so excited because I haven’t seen them all summer. When they arrived in Maryland, we unloaded their car. We did so much. We did a lot of crabbing. We used chicken and caught crabs on the net. We went swimming on the mat and did some tie-dye. Then I decided to come to Pennsylvania and have a vacation. I was pretty nervous. It was four and a half hours back to PA to stay with them for about 10 days. I was pretty nervous about staying so many days away from my family. I wanted to give it a shot so that's what I did. We arrived at their house on Tuesday, August 9 and the trip to Pennsylvania was good. For the next few days, we just hung out. One of the activities we did was visit the Amish and go on a buggy ride. The buggy ride was a cookie run. We got cookies and homemade root beers. I also got to watch my cousins at their gymnastics. We did many crafts like painting and making rainbow looms. We went to other places as well. We went into the pool and the kids splashed me and we had fun. We played red light green light and mother may I. loved my trip to Pennsylvania and loved hanging out with my cousins, aunt, and uncle! They took great care of me. I missed my parents and sister and Chloe, my dog! I couldn’t wait to see them again. Many memories were made and maybe one day I can go back!





Comments

  1. Swimming with Manatees sounds so cool. Even if they fart. That actually might make them cooler. How did you like the clams? How did you prepare them? Thanks for sharing your blog. Nice to see you back at it. What is a cookie run? I have lots of questions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1

Mental Health

Ravens Play60 event