Writing to someone with my disability
Writing to someone with my disability is something that I talked about and it really inspired me. I want them to know they are truly amazing people who inspire others!
I have a learning disability, a sensory processing disorder, and hearing aids in both ears. I have lived with my disability my whole life. My doctors told my parents I may die before birth, and I have also been told that I can't do something I set my mind to which really hurts. Growing up with a disability can be extremely hard and we can go through many obstacles throughout our life. We may be different from everyone, but God made us who we are today uniquely awesome! We may be bullied, picked on, and teased but don’t let that bring you down because you are strong. Not doing well making friends, that's okay. You will find your crowd of people. School and learning things may be difficult but take your time and go at your own pace. I have learned things that have really shaped me into the person I want to be today. I know you will learn things that will shape you into the person you want to be today. Be yourself. God made you who you are today. You are such an amazing person with so many talents and anyone would be lucky to be your friend. Remember you can do anything you set your mind to and don’t let anyone tell you differently. Joining Special Olympics changed my life so much. I felt accepted for who I was. Everyone welcomed me with open arms, and I could be completely myself. Join or be a part of Special Olympics or find what makes you happy because you deserve to be happy and do things you want. Sometimes we wish we didn’t have a disability. But honestly, if we were all the same life would be pretty boring. I want YOU to know that you are able to do anything you set your mind to because you will do amazing things in life. Never give up on life.
Comments
Post a Comment